A high quality of life for consumers. Empowering consumers so that they feel able to be demanding in their selection and use of goods and services.
- To bring about change by winning the consumer interest, especially the interest of those who are disadvantaged. In short, making all consumers matter.
- To promote action for furthering and safe-guarding the interests of consumers.
To ensure that those who take decisions which will affect the consumer can have a balanced and authoritative view of the interests of consumers before them.
- To insist that the interests of all consumers, including the inarticulate and the disadvantaged are taken into account.
- To make representations of the views of consumers on all matters of concern to them to central and local governments, to all governmental agencies, to industry and to any other quarter including representation on the existing laws and on proposed legislation.
- To make representation upon the adequacy and availability to consumers of the consumer advisory services and upon the needs of such services for supporting facilities.
- To represent the consumers on appropriate Government and other bodies.
- To promote and protect the interest of the consumer, it is considered essential to organize a committee to act as an agent of change and to facilitate and assist the consumer in safe guarding his / her rights against unfair and unethical practices, independent of all interests, preferably through community participation.
- To bring about change by working with people and organizations who can make a difference for consumers.
- To lobby and campaign to achieve significant improvements for consumers and take every opportunity to pursue ambitions for change, including taking action on behalf on the consumers.
- To publish reports. Bring people together from wide range of backgrounds and interests. To share ideas, ask questions and develop solutions.
- To ensure regulation, enforcement, advice and redress consumer needs.
- Creating and Exploiting opportunities.
- Listening to others and working with and through them.
- Concern for those who are disadvantaged and ensuring that they are treated equitably.
- Adopting the highest standards of openness and transparency with workers and stake holders.